Thursday, December 27, 2007

Make Money on the Web

Ever since the netscape days, I have been intrigued by the internet and the way in which it has changed the world. I have decided to turn my interest into a hobby and to try to see if all the hype that has attended the net since the advent of the first "killer-app", namely the browser (remember the Netscape days and then the Microsoft reaction???). In South Africa where I live, this all happened in the early 90's (Dinosaur era in IT timelines...). In this country, this was at about the same time mobile phones started.

How the world has changed in the time since then....

Anyway, what I would like to do on this blog is to attend to the matter of doing business on the internet as a single individual in a country in Africa. I want to try to distill from the "fog-of-war" that seems perpetually to characterise the action in cyberspace/the blogosphere/the virtual world or whatever the latest buzz words are out there to describe the incredible phenomenon that is the Net....

I have a particular interest at this time as to what the Web 2 and 3 implications are for the large enterprises such as the fortune 500 and how they will be impacted.

Will we live to see history regard current commercial software as the "buggy-whips" of old which were made obsolete by the more fundamental shift from horse and steam power to "oil-power"?

We live in a time of immense and seriously disruptive change... Ice-caps melting (??), social networking taking off... the virtual world paralleling the real world...
what does it all mean and where will it end...

Enough meandering .. let's find out what works and what doesn't regarding making money on the net, shall we?

This is my first post - I see I still need to edit it a bit but "gotta run"...

My aim is to make regular postings regarding my research... I also see I need to fix my profile!!!

No comments: